Questions and Answers (PUBLIC)


This is a public forum where everyone will be able to see what you write. For this reason, use your best judgment on what you write. Do not disclose any private information.

Bio dads and rights

Submitted by mandi21 on Wed, 04/10/2019 - 11:18
My ex and I have a daughter that is now 8 years old, he hasn't seen her or have any contact or sent any child support since she was three! I want him to sign over his rights so my boyfriend and I can get married and my boyfriend wants to adopt my daughter as he is the only dad my daughter has really ever known! can this be done? and how do I start? this is in Manitoba by the way.

Father wants custody in pa mother in nj with child currently

Submitted by steveh535 on Sun, 12/23/2018 - 21:35
I’ll try to make this short and to the point with as much facts possible. Im the father trying to get full custody of my 6 year old daughter in pa but the mother lives in nj currently. So here we go. Me and my daughters mother were together and lived in pa my daughters whole life. My now ex has a history of mental illness/ alchoholism. Our relationship was rocky at best so as a last ditch effort I decided to try moving to another state with her. The plan was to start over and things would be easier bc here family is in that area. So I gave it a shot.


Submitted by IJacobs on Sun, 12/02/2018 - 08:34
My Ex and I migrated from Belgium, and we both speak 4 languages, we have 2 boys, and after she ran off with this guy, and before the divorce was final, I noticed that the boys were starting to have a hard time to speak anything else besides English. So I asked the kids about it, and they said that their Moms boyfriend doesn't let them speak anything besides English, they are living in America and only English would be spoken.

I want my kid to stay at mine for a couple nights after Christmas

Submitted by RichardLucas on Wed, 11/28/2018 - 13:43
I'll try and keep it simple. .

I have a 13 month old baby boy and have recently split up with his mum. I have no problem with her and believe she will always do what's best for him. I've been providing her with money from when he was born and have provided 80% of his clothes and toys.

She lives 135 miles away from me (I used to work away a lot)

I drive down there almost every weekend

I've asked if I could have him for 4 nights 135 miles away from his mum for 3 days after Christmas day.

Need advice

Submitted by bri330 on Wed, 11/28/2018 - 00:37
My ex took me to court for full physical custody of our daughter. At the time of the medation hearing i was unable to attend. As i worked in florida and came back on my weekends with my daughter. I called her early before court that day because i didnt relize the date and thought i had more time. 5 months has passed with this new court order. I get her everyother weekend. I have asked my ex if i can have her more or every weekend. My daughter is extremely upset that she barley gets to see me her little brother and my wife. Her mother denied me more time with her.

Trying to file for contempt and custody modification

Submitted by D.A.Marsh on Thu, 08/16/2018 - 15:46
My son is 2 1/2 years old when i found out i was pregnant with him my bf at the time knew that it was somebody elses child but said he wanted to be a father figure and he signed my sons birth certificate. 3 months passed and he left us, in that time he did nothing to help nor did he interact with my son. I did however keep a close connection with his father and his gf. The verry end of october 2017 my roommate made me leave my house so grandfathers gf helped me with my son while i tried to find another place in schuylkill county pa. with a low income.

Custody Contempt

Submitted by Kei Nick on Sat, 02/10/2018 - 00:31
Mother and child relocated out of Philadelphia to North New Jersey (99miles). Father lives in Philadelphia. Mother filed relocation in November 2017, Father objected to the relocation, filed counter-affidavit within 30 days. On January 29, 2018 mother did not bring child to school. Happened for several days. Called mother up and asked why child is not in school. She had moved up to her sister and brother-in-law residence up in north new Jersey (Bergen county), Place the child in the elementary school there. The child is 6yrs old (first grade). Filed petition for emergency relief custody.