Should I still pay

Submitted by King A-wax on Sat, 05/06/2017 - 18:06
I have a child that i havent seen for over 10yrs but I still pay to and he was put in a special need's home to live buy his mother because she could not handle him any more and has been there for the past 3yr. she also still collect his SSI and is on medicad, the pervade food and clothing, also I am not aloud to go see him. my question is this: should I still be paying child support to the mother, should I be paying the SN home or should I not be paying at all. Is this a lawsuit and I should sue her for they amount of the time he has been there up until now


Wed, 01/10/2018 - 20:47

First, you need to obtain a court order that states you are the biological father and that you wish to be granted visitation rights. It seems in this case the state has jurisdiction over your child. This will be an arduous task on your behalf because you have not had any visitation at all. Next, discover the medical diagnoses and reason why your child is in the incapacitation he or she is in (may be difficult to obtain since you have no rights). In regard to support payments If the state/mom has ordered you to make child support payments, I would file a modification/petition to possibly terminate payments since you have no rights at all. All state laws are different but the best interests of the child are always the most important in these sensitive matters.