How do I file for child support in TX if the father is unemployed?

Submitted by ChelleBaby on Sat, 05/04/2013 - 23:23

I have a 15 month old son, and my ex and I got divorced back in February. I was just informed that even though he hasn't had a job this whole time I still could have filed for child support... Does anyone know how I can do this? I'm trying to get childcare assistance to get reduced costs for daycare for my son, and I've been told that I can't do so unless I have filed for child support. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!