Expert Witness

Submitted by LTownDad on Fri, 06/27/2014 - 11:35

My son has a therapist who would be a great expert witness at an upcoming custody hearing. I'm pretty sure his mother will not agree to have the therapist testify. What is the procedure for getting him to testify as an expert witness?

Ask the therapist if he will appear in court for your son.  If so then you just need a 'friendly' subponea from the court.  Fill it out and give it to the therapist.  The specific instructions will be with the court or form.

Depending on the type of hearing, you could bring the therapist in or you'll have to ask the court's permission to bring in the therapist.  Make a strong case for why the therapist should testify.