Direction/assistance desperately needed

Submitted by JK17931 on Fri, 10/22/2010 - 19:50

I am extremely frustrated with dealing with county courts and am desperately seeking direction/assistance for areas that just do not seem right.  Out of frustration I sent the following email to ACLU..

I am turning to you out of exasperation in dealing with county level agencies.  I apologize in advance if this email is lengthy, however, I feel you need to understand the full scope of the picture.  I have been involved in a high conflict divorce/custody cases that began in 2007.  Since the beginning I have been fighting an uphill battle.  There have been numerours allegations that I have proven were false; however, there were no recourse made to my exwife for the false allegations.  Since 2007, my wages have been attached for child support and I was told if I loose my job I could go to jail.  I have managed a bank for almost 20 years; I have had 2 traffic citations my entire life, I feel I have proven that I am a responsible individual.  Since 2008, I have had joint custody of my daughter.  During this time, my exwife has been receiving subsidies for housing and child care.  Her application for housing was subpoenead; it contained numerous omissions, that "qualified" her for assistance; however when correct figures were turned over, once again she was not reprimanded.

In August of this year, I picked my child up for my custody period.  My daughter informed me that her mothers boyfriend had kicked her, there was a small bruise along her spine.  I contacted (local) XXXX police and attempted to obtain a protection order.  XXXX police questioned my daughter, completed a report (found her statements credible, and are willing to come to court as witness) and informed me I needed to contact XXX Women In Crisis for a protection order, as per XXX County procedures.  When I contact XXX,  I was told "they will not deal with a man" (local police are well aware of this practice);  I informed them I was calling on behalf of my female 4 yr old daughter.  During the next 2 hrs, a supervisor discouraged me from coming to there shelter, at one point stating that they would call Children and Youth.  I was advised to come to their office in the courthouse the following morning.  I arrived at 830 am the following morning as directed, where I discovered that their office is not staffed on a Thursday.  I then went to C&Y out of frustration, with the police report, where I was berated for coming to their office.  I then made several calls to my local Congressman XXXXXXXX office, which prompted the iniation of an investigation   During the investigation, my daughter stated several times that she was kicked by her mothers boyfriend.  However, the incident did not rise to the level to be a "founded" determination.  
Sept 22nd my exwife was terminated from her job for excessive absenteeism, I have a document from her employer, stating such.  On Sept 23rd, she immediately filed for an increase in child support, based on being "laid off".   On Oct. 15  I went to XXXXX County DA's office and asked to speak with a detective; I brought along the petition for modification, the verification against criminal statute 4904 that she signed;  The detective did not know how to proceed but would give me a call.  I received a call on Oct 19 from detective, who assurred me that the hearing officer would "see through" the fabrication.  On Oct 22 I had a domestic relations hearing;  the hearing resulted in numerous guidance laws not being followed; my child support has now increased to 1XXX.00 a month. My exwife stated in the hearing "I wont be looking for a job now".  After the hearing I went to the District Attorneys office, with documentation to file a private criminal complaint for violation of PA 18 C.S. 4904/unsworn falsification;  The Asst DA asked me to please wait while she got a sherrifs deputy to be present.  I was confused as to why and the ADA refused to answer any questions, just stating that she would "give to Det. x".  I asked why since procedure for filing a private criminal complaint requires Dist Attny approval, however she refused to answer.    I have written 4 local state officials, however only one responded, stating I did not live in his district.  The only local official that assisted was Congressman XXXXX office (not included in 4), which I am extremely grateful.  However, it appears that XXXX Countys views towards domestic situations is to continue to extend the processes, not follow state laws until one party is financially matter what civil rights are violated.
I am extremely frustrated with the discrimination, lack of oversight and extortion I feel I have experienced for being a responsible father.  Can you please help me understand how this is allowed to happen??...Help me understand what rights fathers have in this Commonwealth??  Can you please assist in  providing guidance or direction.
I would be pleased to discuss in further detail.
Any insight would be greatly appreciated..