Custodial Parent Quit Job - Still Paying them for Health Insurance

Submitted by firemedic978 on Wed, 06/19/2013 - 23:30

Hey all.  First of all I would like to thank everyone in advance for any guidance you can give me in this situation (since my lawyer - who I have paid in full - hasn't returned any phone calls or E-Mails).  So, here comes my question (in a round about way): My soon to be (not soon enough) ex decided to quit her job and is using my child support as her only income.  When support was ordered, I did not currently have health insurance, however she did.  So, the judge tacked on extra to pay for the health insurance coverage that she is paying for.  Now, I have health insurance for my children, however she does not and she is not paying that amount anymore.  What rights do I have here?  I don't even believe she reported to them that she quit her job.  My domestic relations section almost never answers the phone and even some times I call and get in an endless loop of the computerized greeting.....ringing.....greeting....ringing.....etc.  Once again, thank you all for your help in advance.


Dave W.

Not sure where you are from, but it should be the same...Go to the child support office and they will set up a new appt. for you two to come in and readjust the amount you are paying her.