Collecting Child support Paid to another State

Submitted by KimiRobyn13 on Sun, 10/19/2014 - 22:58

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I am trying to find out how to get my ex to reimburse me half of the money I paid in child support to the State of Nevada when my mother had custody and was collecting welfare. I have paid off the entire amount (over $20,000) so the case is closed in NV. I have current custody, but Alameda County DCSS won't help me collect any of that $. They are only concerned with the ongoing support order. I had been told that I am entitled to recoup 50% of expenses paid under Ca Law, but have no leads on how to go about it. Any help is greatly appreciated.