Child Support out of date

Submitted by DaveF on Sat, 10/25/2014 - 01:04

Okay. I have 2 child support cases. One is through Kansas and the other is through Oklahoma. When the order was given, my CS was calculated based on my income when I was still active duty Army. I was medically retired in September of last year and have yet to get the amount changed. I am currently un-employed and living in the Philippines on my retirement funds and school benefits I get from the VA. As of right now, my requirement is 1,300 a month split between the two mothers which automatically comes out of my retirement pay from the Army. I have tried to contact the court and ask for re-evaluation due to the huge decrease in my income, but they told me I have to hire an attorney which I obviously can not afford. I could attempt to submit the request and forms on my own but I do not fully understand all the wording in the forms. I need to get this fixed because they haven't been receiving the 600 and 700 a month simply because I don't make enough, which means technically, I am behind on CS payments. But I have no idea what to do and can't afford to hire an attorney. Please advise.

Thank you

David Fullmer

Use your own wording.  Explain your story in your own words.  A paragraph on the problem and a paragraph on what you think is a good solution and a paragraph explaining why your solution is good.  That's it.  Use your own form letter if you have to.

Here's Oklahoma's form ...

It's pretty simple.  Just fill in the boxes especially your case # and docket #.  Pages 9 and 10 are key.  Print and submit.