Child Support Information

Submitted by beautifuldesire on Sat, 12/13/2014 - 17:08
My finace and I had moved to NC from Pa and I have been unable to find work to pay my child support over the month we have been here, I called to let the child support agency know i WAS RELOCATING MONTHS BEFORE i LEFT  and just recieved a contempt letter stateing I have to return to pa for a hearing just a few days after I called to let them know I had filed unemployment and they would recieve a payymenet automatically from my unemployment. The question is how can I get this taken care of in the state I am in without having to go back to Pa for this hearing? I am going to tell them the same thing at the hearing that I have been telling them via telephone and am attempting to make payments for my children. Someone please tell me what I can do!

I'm pretty certain you can ask to testify via phone.  You should send DRS a certified return receipt requested letter, then follow up a few days later with a phone call.