Child support arrears question

Submitted by mgardner1 on Wed, 03/12/2014 - 16:59

Can a custodial parent 'forgive' and cancel the arrears amount owed on a current case. Its a non public assistance case. What needs to be done if this is possible?  Not looking to close the whole support order, just cancel the arrears that are owed on the case.