child support

Submitted by consuelo_ces on Mon, 07/21/2014 - 15:22

if a child waslegally adopted by step father, a child support case can be open again the biological father?


Mon, 07/21/2014 - 15:24

how can I found the information about the legal names of the children in case of child support?


It is my understanding that when a child is adopted the biological parent loses all parental rights and that these responsibilities are assumed by the adopting parent.

The legal names of the children should be part of the child support petition.  As such, they should be on your paperwork if a petition for support has been filed. As an alternative, legal names can be found on a birth certificate.

Get back to us if we can be of further assistance.

Bucks FACE


Sun, 04/10/2016 - 21:47

I really hope someone can help us.......Please...

My fiance is on SSD and has to pay child support. Every month, Child Support is automatically taken out of his check. His license was suspended because Child Support said they were not receiving it. We contacted Social Security and they showed us that Child Support is being paid. We hired a lwayer to help get his license back with proof from SS that they are paying Child Support. We were able to get his license reissued. With Child Support saying they are not receiving payment, my fiance worries all the time that a warrant will be issued for his arrest because of lack of payment. When he tried to get a hold of Child Support, they didn't help him at all. Even our lawyer was getting the run around with no answers from Child Support.