Changing Custody when Child is 1 month from being 18

Submitted by barbb222 on Thu, 02/19/2015 - 08:41

Good day


My child has decided that he does not want to live with his father any longer, he will be 18 on March 25th 2015.  However there is a custody order in place what can I do in order to prevent him from going back as the situation is very volitile and not be in contempt of court?

The father is pressing to have the child return until he is 18 but there have been many altercations and I think this is a bad idea.