2nd job

Submitted by villesfinest on Thu, 12/15/2011 - 13:38

My child support was calculated with my regular job and my 2nd supplimental job. PA law states that if you quit a job your support will stay the same. My question is would i be allowed to quit my 2nd job and have my support amended?

Father in PA

Tue, 01/03/2012 - 12:06

From what I have gathered from my lawyer because I just chnaged jobs into a higher paying job and he told me that once you pay an amount that is locke din, it prevents people from beating the system and getting a job at say McDonald's so they pay minimal support.  I was bummed because I am concwerned that if I lost my job then I am stuck poaying the higher rate.  He did inform me if I got laid off that would chnage things.