help me please

Submitted by ericaberry7 on Wed, 06/10/2015 - 11:32

My husband is on child support with two of his kids from different women prior to our marriage. I provide the money for most bills due to him being laid off and he comes home with about 200 a month. With his first daughter who is 10 yrs. old we get her every weekend, every break, any time we want. I provide most financial support for her and we have her more than half the year . She only stays with her mom to go to school we provide for all her extracurricular activities, feed her because the mom is unable to feed her and her other 5 kids. Not including school clothes and supplies that we pay for with her. Along with throwing and paying for all birthday parties and extra stuff she wants. What is our rights with her? Is it possible to fight for custody of her?  On the other hand his youngest daughter who just turned 5 yrs. Old we only get her on weekends and provide for her when her mom allows her to come over on slim holidays. Who wants money handed to her as well as child support. When we ask for her she tells us no and she can do it on her own, then when she ready to hang out she then wants to just drop her off.  The youngest mother  has one child and two jobs where as my husband is doing side work. The mother has no time to share with her do we have any rights to fight for custody for her? I am a mother of three we rent our home and have two  cars. That I got and pay for and still have money to assist with the girls we have more than enough love, time, and money to take care of all five of our children. The father of mines is not present so I take full financial responsibility for mine and everyday living.

a single mom

Tue, 05/02/2017 - 20:58

Hello. I have a 10-year old child whom I have primary physical custody. My child lives with me and the father has secondary physical custody. According to the court order from the family court, he can spend with child every other weekend from Fri at 6 pm to Sun 6 pm but I am very flexible, so he always gets much more than that. Yesterday, he communicated me that he is moving out of the city with his new girlfriend (this is more than an hour driving away from my residence). Although he is a good father, I don't feel comfortable by not having a physical address where my child will spend 2 days a week. So, I asked him his new address and he said no. For that reason, I said that I wont allow him to pick our child up this Fri because I need to know where my child is. Now my questions are:

1) If he doesn't give me his new address, can I still prevent him from picking our child up without me having a legal problem? 

2) Is he obligee to give me this information?

3) What should I do? I don't feel comfortbale by letting my child go with him without me having a psysical address where my child is going to stay 2 days a week.

Thank you!

@Ericaberry7 ... " What is our rights with her? Is it possible to fight for custody of her? "  ... Yes you can ask your family court for more custody.  Before that though, have you tried asking each of ther mothers?  It's always best to do your own plan rather than getting court involved.  Once you get an agreement, simply put write it down on paper then notarize it.

@"a single mom" ... no you should not disobey a court order on your own ... "can I still prevent him from picking our child up without me having a legal problem?"  Just let it be or next time you're in court, ask for the address.