How to calculate child support
We HIGHLY recommend you run all these calculators to give you a true approximation of your support order. You always want to go into your local Domestic Relation Office with a set of figures to work with. Be prepaired.
How to calculate child support the simple way:
If your situation is simple then you can very easily look up the amount directly on the Pennsylvania Child Support Guidelines Calculations table here.
- Add both parents' monthly net (after tax) income (for example, 10000)
- Look down that combined net income on the first column of the table (for example, find 10000)
- Look right to the number of children both parents have (for example, two children is 1981)
- That's the total amount both parents are responsible for (for example, 1981)
- Divide that total by the percentage net income of each parent to get each parent's responsibility (for example, 50% of 1981 is 990 each parent)
Child support calculators for more complex situtations
For more complicated situations like day care, child overnights, tax credits, alimony etc. use one of the below calculators.
For the PA PACSES online support calculator - click here
AllLaw.com online support calculator for PA Residents - click here
PennGlazier.com online support calculators for PA residents - click here