How to calculate child support
We HIGHLY recommend you run all these calculators to give you a true approximation of your support order. You always want to go into your local Domestic Relation Office with a set of figures to work with. Be prepaired.
How to calculate child support the simple way:
If your situation is simple then you can very easily look up the amount directly on the Pennsylvania Child Support Guidelines Calculations table here.
- Add both parents' monthly net (after tax) income (for example, 10000)
- Look down that combined net income on the first column of the table (for example, find 10000)
- Look right to the number of children both parents have (for example, two children is 1981)
- That's the total amount both parents are responsible for (for example, 1981)
- Divide that total by the percentage net income of each parent to get each parent's responsibility (for example, 50% of 1981 is 990 each parent)
Child support calculators for more complex situtations
For more complica